Anteos
Global Moderator

Promoting The Forum

Fri May 19, 2017 2:03 pm

The more QUALITY users we bring over, the better the forum will be.
Note here that quality user does not necessarily mean a user who knows everything. A newbie is more than welcome as long as he is not a spammer and can dedicate time to not only get the info he wants, but teach others with his own knowledge.

Always remember a newbie who asks a question will bring more users over (from Google), will get an answer and help other users in the process and, most important, a newbie of today can be a great developer of tomorrow!

So, we should do our best to populate the forum with a thriving, helpful community of members.

I have personally taken a really good step towards it. Some of you might know of Shimon Chohen - he is an elite marketer and provider of many Android and marketing related services for years. I had been part of his newsletter for 2 yrs now since I had bought a product of his.

Well, in the latest e-mail he is informing users to register and login in MMWA forums, telling them that they can get valuable information and answers for their questions. He failed to note that MMWA has an uptime of less than 10% nowadays, so good luck to them if they really seek answers.

I contacted him with the following message:
Hello Shimon,

In your latest email you send users over to Making Money With Android forum for their questions.
MMWA forum is dead. Its uptime is less than 10% now and it is full of spam the few time it is online. You must have noticed!
Anyway, a healthy percentage of MMWA members moved over and have built a community in http://www.androidblackhat.com./
The forum is moderated and is gaining many users day by day. I am personally a moderator there.
You can check it out, and send your users over instead. It is all up to you - I can guarantee we are working towards a spam-free forum with loads of quality content.
Best Regards,
For all of you who see the potential of this forum - let's bring over our friends or people we know so that we can expand further!

AndroidBlackhat
Site Admin

Re: Promoting The Forum

Fri May 19, 2017 2:11 pm

Thx, personaly I am not able to bring users here, even investing in SEO, so promoting it between your friends it's the best marketing we can get.

AndroidBlackhat
Site Admin

Fri May 19, 2017 2:17 pm

...and MMWA now ;)
392 users online. 6 members and 386 guests
i think 90% of these "online" are just spam bots

Anteos
Global Moderator

Fri May 19, 2017 2:36 pm

Is it even online? I keep getting Database Error lately so I got tired of checking them out.

Return to “Website”