Anteos
Global Moderator

Cryptocurrency Discussion (Bitcoins, Alt Coins, ETC)

Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:45 am

Hey guys.
I am really late in the Bitcoin and alt coins show, and I lack some knowledge.
I thought maybe I will create a thread here, where I can get some answers from those of you who know, as well as we will have a spot to talk about the topic.

So, here goes:

I happen to have an Amazon gift card with the huge amount of money of 10 USD in it :D
For my country Amazon is not worth it because the shipping is more expensive than the cost of the items so I surely don't have anything to do with that 10 USD. I do not like having money that I cannot use :)
Anyway, I am thinking to turn it into bitcoins at paxful.com and maybe, in the future, I will start following the cryptocurrency trade business.

But first i need to make a Bitcoin wallet, right? What do you suggest?
Hard drive copy seems to be the best for me, I am obsessed with backups and I doubt I will lose it.
But how do I proceed from here? Where can I make a wallet that stores at hard drive?

AndroidBlackhat
Site Admin

Re: Cryptocurrency Discussion (Bitcoins, Alt Coins, ETC)

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:52 pm

I have coinbase, poloniex (stock exchange) and few more :)
store 10 usd on hard drive? waste of time :D

Anteos
Global Moderator

Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:04 pm

So you suggest coinbase? I do not want to store the money, I just assumed that in order to convert gift card to bitcoins I will need a wallet.
I actually aim to eventually try crypto currency trading starting with only 10 usd to test the waters.

AndroidBlackhat
Site Admin

Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:38 pm

trading? poloniex ;)

Anteos
Global Moderator

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:48 am

Nice! I will take a look, thanks.
Have you been trading too?

Jarzers
ViP Blackhat

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:48 pm

I've been dipping my toes with trading. It's actually not as hard as it seems, just people are scared of the risk involved.

Just to be safe, because of the BIP148 remember to take your coins out before August!

Anteos
Global Moderator

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:18 am

I have been trying trading lately in Poloniex with a reaaaaaaaaaly low amount of money. We are talking less than 2 dollars :)
The reason is I had problems buying bitcoins with my bank and ended up with only 2-3 USD worth of BTC.
Anyway with all the craziness around, I figured it will be an experiment.
Sadly everything is dropping even more than expected, so even though I bought at a low, I still haven't gone above it enough to make a 10% profit.

Jarzers
ViP Blackhat

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:30 am

Anteos wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:18 am
I have been trying trading lately in Poloniex with a reaaaaaaaaaly low amount of money. We are talking less than 2 dollars :)
The reason is I had problems buying bitcoins with my bank and ended up with only 2-3 USD worth of BTC.
Anyway with all the craziness around, I figured it will be an experiment.
Sadly everything is dropping even more than expected, so even though I bought at a low, I still haven't gone above it enough to make a 10% profit.
Yeah, I'm basically doing the same thing. It takes a lot to make a decent amount.

I added $150 to Kraken which turned into ~$75 after fees. I was also going really slowly, ~$10 worth of ethereum each time to test out the waters and to get used to how everything works. I've somehow lost half the LOL due to FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out), and buying at silly times without reading the charts properly.

Now that I know a bit more of how everything works, it doesn't seem as hard as I originally thought.

Return to “Offtopic”