quimbox
Active User

How do apps work, where celebrity images are used?

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:43 pm

How to avoid the risk of ban, or to close the account of gp?

I have this doubt, I have seen some apps where they use famous images, but I do not understand how they avoid an account closure or ban.

I have limited myself to doing this type of apps for fear that they close my gp account

Anteos
Global Moderator

Re: How do apps work, where celebrity images are used?

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Some say that if you add a filter on the image as an extra layer on top of it, it can trick the google bot.
So, sometimes the celebrity image actually has a translucent layer with marble/smoke or any effect on top of the image.
What I tend to do with logos or images that I will use for my logos is I add a layer with a solid color on top and then set this layer at 1%.
Such thing seems to trick the bot, but a human moderator will of course see through it.

quimbox
Active User

Re: How do apps work, where celebrity images are used?

Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:40 pm

Anteos wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:58 pm
Some say that if you add a filter on the image as an extra layer on top of it, it can trick the google bot.
So, sometimes the celebrity image actually has a translucent layer with marble/smoke or any effect on top of the image.
What I tend to do with logos or images that I will use for my logos is I add a layer with a solid color on top and then set this layer at 1%.
Such thing seems to trick the bot, but a human moderator will of course see through it.
Thanks for your reply. I wil try this method to see if this work. Ofcourse if a human moderator see the image i will suspend the app or close the account.

Thanks again.

Return to “Offtopic”