GruntyGunner
ViP Blackhat

How to reupload my APK to a new Google Play account without ban?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:35 pm

I had a fairly successful app on my first Google account and I want to reupload it without a ban. So far I've recompiled it on a virtual machine with a new Bundle identifier, but is there anything else they can scan for that would get me banned? Do they check icons, screenshots, and app graphics?

AndroidBlackhat
Site Admin

Re: How to reupload my APK to a new Google Play account without ban?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:15 pm

did you read ebook? read it again, ill not write you twice such complex thing

GruntyGunner
ViP Blackhat

Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:05 am

I did read the ebook cover to cover. Respectfully, it doesn't say whether Google checks for similar graphics/icons/screenshots. It does say icon image files are indexed for ASO purposes and app strings are checked. Don't just read the title. Does Google check for previously uploaded app icons or not?

AndroidBlackhat
Site Admin

Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:27 pm

yes, it check :) its very easy :D

GruntyGunner
ViP Blackhat

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:53 pm

So, to clarify. I should change my icons and screenshots? Should I change the graphics of my app as well?

Zoldiiik
ViP Blackhat

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:02 pm

GruntyGunner wrote:
So, to clarify. I should change my icons and screenshots? Should I change the graphics of my app as well?
It's always suggested to change icons and graphics everytime you upload the same app, it's just more safe that way and also you prevent yourself from worriying about whether the reason for a ban (if it happens) is the same icon and graphics or no.

So what I'm trying to say is, just to be safe and also for peace of mind try to change icon and graphics.
PS: I know that there are people who are publishing the same app with same graphics again and again (and I honestly don't know how they manage lol) but I could say they don't care much about the risk or about getting banned : )

GruntyGunner
ViP Blackhat

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:11 am

Zoldiiik wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:02 pm
GruntyGunner wrote:
It's always suggested to change icons and graphics everytime you upload the same app, it's just more safe that way and also you prevent yourself from worriying about whether the reason for a ban (if it happens) is the same icon and graphics or no.

So what I'm trying to say is, just to be safe and also for peace of mind try to change icon and graphics.
PS: I know that there are people who are publishing the same app with same graphics again and again (and I honestly don't know how they manage lol) but I could say they don't care much about the risk or about getting banned : )
Okay, fair enough. It's not hard to change icons and screenshots but I'm reluctant to really go through and switch out the dozens of graphics I made for this one app... it was fine on Google too. The ban was for a totally different reason. I guess to stay on the safe side I'll be updating those as well. I hope they don't deep scan for similar content. Maybe I'm just being paranoid :)

Zoldiiik
ViP Blackhat

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:20 pm

GruntyGunner wrote:
Okay, fair enough. It's not hard to change icons and screenshots but I'm reluctant to really go through and switch out the dozens of graphics I made for this one app... it was fine on Google too. The ban was for a totally different reason. I guess to stay on the safe side I'll be updating those as well. I hope they don't deep scan for similar content. Maybe I'm just being paranoid :)
I feel you, I totally understand what you're saying, it can be very annoying to change a lot of graphics (espicially when you see other devs uploading the same graphics and getting accepted by google). But again that's the thing about reskin you are always worried, it happens to me a lot I keep wondering why those devs can publish the same app I'm trying to publish but I just can't get through (even if I already did in the past, and even if these devs are not using any techniques I don't use myself!) it's frustrating, but it's all part of the reskin world :D

I'm not really sure about the deep scan to be honest because I keep seeing a lot of similar apps on google play.. But we can't be sure so we just need to test and see.
Good luck man

Return to “Google Problems”