GruntyGunner
ViP Blackhat
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:58 pm

App was flagged by Google bot, now it's impossible to get it published

Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I created an app based on Halo (which is allowed by Microsoft) but you have to mention their rules in the description. Google bot picked up on this, and flagged my app. I did appeal it successfully, but now the faceless user at Google will not allow my app through because of "copyright." Can I change package name and reupload as new app? Is there a way to dodge this flag?

User avatar
AndroidBlackhat
Site Admin
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 am
Location: ThisIsMe

Re: App was flagged by Google bot, now it's impossible to get it published

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:10 am

Recoding app ;)
when app is flagged as banned, it's random when you publish with new package name

I suggest you to appeal again and again - loosing first google play account is painfull and you cannot reverse it.
We are spamming from multiple accounts because we haven't choice, we cannot use IAP and soon or later Google will catch us. We can survive months, year but always it's the same. Once you was banned first time, you have forever ban.

So appeal ;)

GruntyGunner
ViP Blackhat
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:58 pm

Re: App was flagged by Google bot, now it's impossible to get it published

Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:43 pm

Appealing the app right now. What's dumb is this app went live on my first Google Play account with no problem. Google claims they do manual reviews now... not sure how true that is. Pretty sure a moderator only stepped in after the bot flagged it.

TheGameChanger
ViP Blackhat
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:49 pm

Re: App was flagged by Google bot, now it's impossible to get it published

Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:40 pm

GruntyGunner wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:43 pm
Appealing the app right now. What's dumb is this app went live on my first Google Play account with no problem. Google claims they do manual reviews now... not sure how true that is. Pretty sure a moderator only stepped in after the bot flagged it.
Did you contact them ? you can explain your situation and tell them that Microsoft is allowing this. They may help ..

GruntyGunner
ViP Blackhat
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:58 pm

Re: App was flagged by Google bot, now it's impossible to get it published

Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:57 pm

TheGameChanger wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:40 pm
GruntyGunner wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:43 pm
Appealing the app right now. What's dumb is this app went live on my first Google Play account with no problem. Google claims they do manual reviews now... not sure how true that is. Pretty sure a moderator only stepped in after the bot flagged it.
Did you contact them ? you can explain your situation and tell them that Microsoft is allowing this. They may help ..
That's what I did last night. Still awaiting a message.

DeadMonkey
ViP Blackhat
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:28 am

Re: App was flagged by Google bot, now it's impossible to get it published

Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:52 am

You would need to alter all resources (icon, graphics, strings), strings in Java files. This would give you a chance that APK will be published. You could also try to wait couple of months. My experience is that old banned code can be successfully published after a long time, because Google Bots are "forgeting" older banned apps.

GruntyGunner
ViP Blackhat
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:58 pm

Re: App was flagged by Google bot, now it's impossible to get it published

Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:36 pm

DeadMonkey wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:52 am
You would need to alter all resources (icon, graphics, strings), strings in Java files. This would give you a chance that APK will be published. You could also try to wait couple of months. My experience is that old banned code can be successfully published after a long time, because Google Bots are "forgeting" older banned apps.
Do you think I would have to make a new store listing? Pretty sure using the existing one will get reviewed because it's flagged.

DeadMonkey
ViP Blackhat
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:28 am

Re: App was flagged by Google bot, now it's impossible to get it published

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:56 am

Actually I presumed you will do all this actions on new Google Play account only! This means also new GP store listing.

GruntyGunner
ViP Blackhat
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:58 pm

Re: App was flagged by Google bot, now it's impossible to get it published

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:16 pm

DeadMonkey wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:56 am
Actually I presumed you will do all this actions on new Google Play account only! This means also new GP store listing.
Looks like I'll have to. Just hate the hassle over setting everything up. What Google Play account # are you on ?


Return to “Google Problems”