GruntyGunner
ViP Blackhat

I finally understand why you guys have so many developer accounts

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:29 pm

Google Play is so bad to their developers that to succeed on this store, you need multiple accounts to minimize the risk of bans for unnecessary suspensions. I've had an app suspended today after I tried to update the APK. Nothing in the app or store listing changed, it was code to increase support for more devices. They suspended it for "violation of intellectual property". What's even more confusing is this app was rejected the first time I submitted it for the same reason, and after providing clarification, they accepted it. Now they suspend it for the same reason after an update? It sucks, but I'm not giving up. I know this will work in the long haul but Google seems to take pleasure in being a real pain in the ass!!!

AndroidBlackhat
Site Admin

Re: I finally understand why you guys have so many developer accounts

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:46 am

Do you know what was my first account ban? In 2012 - Google banned me for penguin graphics I've made from zero. I was sending appeals for almost 3 months and decided to "fck google" and I am fighting with them for all these years. They created black hatter with own stupid rules.

GruntyGunner
ViP Blackhat

Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:41 am

That sucks, but that does feel comforting knowing I'm not alone in this crap. Google is just disrespectful smh

DeadMonkey
ViP Blackhat

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:57 am

AndroidBlackhat wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:46 am
Do you know what was my first account ban? In 2012 - Google banned me for penguin graphics I've made from zero. I was sending appeals for almost 3 months and decided to "fck google" and I am fighting with them for all these years. They created black hatter with own stupid rules.
I had an app removed because it used Penguin in the title, and it had Linux penguin icon. Few other apps used the same icon. Still I don't know why they suspended it. The app was legit, and has nothing common with big companies having Penguin in the name (like: Penguin books).

razer
ViP Blackhat

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:15 am

I've found the appeals process with Google to be almost fruitless. It's better to rewrite and use ne image assets even if my app was white hat and new . Sometimes some keywords in description set off manual review Imo and after that it really depends on who takes a look at your app and if they are in a bad mood etc. I've tried to appeal early on and was just frustrated so now if it happens I will cut my losses and move on

Return to “Google Problems”