GruntyGunner
ViP Blackhat

Firebase is a great way to pass with copyrighted content!

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Hey all, I've had some trouble in the past uploading fan apps that I know will gather attention but always gets struck down by the banhammer. I've emailed some developers who have apps similar to mine that made it on the store and this is what they did.

For banner, icon, screenshots, and graphics: Make sure none of these images can be found in Google Search. Google scans APK's too. If you have copyrighted images in your app they will find it and ban your app.

For getting the content on your device: Set up remote config at (https://firebase.google.com/products/remote-config/) to set up a boolean that toggles visible/invisible copyrighted assets in the app. Essentially, you switch off all the copyright stuff when submitting and turn it back on when it passes. You can even update your app this way without going through Google!

Last (but not least): Don't use copyrighted names in package ID or title. Some devs get away with it but if you want to reduce risk I wouldn't include it. You can include this in your description but make sure you include a ™.

Hope this guide helps.

jalu
Global Moderator

Re: Firebase is a great way to pass with copyrighted content!

Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:36 pm

Nice information, thanks for sharing, as a comment, I prefer use another platform and no Firebase (Google product) because you are going into the wolf mouth. Also a simple Json file in your server with a 0 or 1 and check for it every time the app is running, the function is the same and you not will send more data to Google!

qytajes
Active User

Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:23 am

There, jalu just said what I was going to say. I've build my own machine and you should do it too, not use Google's for obvious reasons.

DeadMonkey
ViP Blackhat

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:05 pm

I've seen some people are using Amazon cloud for remote resources or services. I prefer private server.

Return to “Google Problems”