cipetpet
Active User

Re: Publish to Alpha Testing first to avoid suspensions

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:28 am

GruntyGunner wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:43 pm
Since your app is always at risk of getting suspended by Google and causing unfair policy strikes, publish it to alpha testing first. If the google bot catches anything it will count it as a rejection instead. When you build an app that can pass you can safely submit to the Google Play store. Not many of us have the time to go through the time and money consuming process of making a new gplay account.

Is there a limit to get banned in alpha? For example 4 rejections causes ban?

jasabi
ViP Blackhat

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:30 am

cipetpet wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:28 am
GruntyGunner wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:43 pm
Since your app is always at risk of getting suspended by Google and causing unfair policy strikes, publish it to alpha testing first. If the google bot catches anything it will count it as a rejection instead. When you build an app that can pass you can safely submit to the Google Play store. Not many of us have the time to go through the time and money consuming process of making a new gplay account.

Is there a limit to get banned in alpha? For example 4 rejections causes ban?
Test it

kimoy
ViP Blackhat

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:32 am

Thank you so much for this! This really works, I tried it today.. My app got rejected for Impersonation because i used app tittle that already exists on the store they even told me what to change specifically. If i did not upload to alpha then my app got probably suspended already.

TheGameChanger
ViP Blackhat

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:53 pm

kimoy wrote:
Thank you so much for this! This really works, I tried it today.. My app got rejected for Impersonation because i used app tittle that already exists on the store they even told me what to change specifically. If i did not upload to alpha then my app got probably suspended already.
Great news! what abt if there was no rejection and u wanna roll it out , does it have to go through a bot/moderator again? or does it publish directly?

GruntyGunner
ViP Blackhat

Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:45 pm

TheGameChanger wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:53 pm

Glad to help! Hope you get more of your apps on the store.
kimoy wrote:
Great news! what abt if there was no rejection and u wanna roll it out , does it have to go through a bot/moderator again? or does it publish directly?
I think it would be fine, since it would already be reviewed. The app goes live a lot quicker from Alpha to Production than it would normally, so my hunch is it's faster because it already went through the verification process.

jalu
Global Moderator

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:18 pm

I think this will work also on beta right?

Lock
ViP Blackhat

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:56 pm

Actually I've tried to roll out alpha testing, my application have passed it became visible in play store with mark "unreleased", but when I tried to roll it out to production, I've got suspension because of metadata (copyrighted content on pictures+ keywords) so I'm not sure this method actually works.

GruntyGunner
ViP Blackhat

Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Lock wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:56 pm
Actually I've tried to roll out alpha testing, my application have passed it became visible in play store with mark "unreleased", but when I tried to roll it out to production, I've got suspension because of metadata (copyrighted content on pictures+ keywords) so I'm not sure this method actually works.
That's interesting, usually metadata rejections occur in alpha testing as well. Did you change anything before you rolled out in production ? If that's the case, it goes through review again.

qytajes
Active User

Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:26 pm

Used to work, before people start abusing from it.
Now it seems it does not anymore...

GruntyGunner
ViP Blackhat

Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:29 pm

qytajes wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:26 pm
Used to work, before people start abusing from it.
Now it seems it does not anymore...
Tell us more about your experience if you can.

Return to “Google Problems”