T-90 Tank
Active User

Edit : Got My Developer account back after suspended :D

Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:47 pm

Hello !

I had a Bubble Shooter game on my Googleplay store over a month.
Yesterday, I uploaded new version on that game which is completely re-skinned.

But, My New Game was rejected and got below mail.

Thanks for submitting Bubble Shooter - Shoot the Bubbles (com.XXXX.XXXXXXXXXX) to Google Play.

I reviewed your app and had to reject it because it violates our metadata policy.

The app's full description mentions other apps: Bubble Breaker.

Here's how you can submit Bubble Shooter - Shoot the Bubbles for another review:

Sign in to your Play Console and edit your Store Listing to fix the policy issue listed above.
Read through the Metadata policy if you need more information or examples of policy violations.
Submit your app.
Your app could be rejected again (or removed from Google Play) if it still violates the Developer Program Policies. You can learn more about our policies by watching this short video for policy guidance and best practices.

If you think this rejection doesn't apply to your app, please reach out to our policy support team. We'll get back to you within 2 business days.

I appreciate your support of Google Play!

Best,

The Google Play Review Team
I removed the Bubble Breaker from description and re submitted. And got approved.

But, After 18 Hrs, I got new email.
This is a notification that your Google Play Publisher account has been terminated.

REASON FOR TERMINATION: Violation of the Impersonation policy within the Developer Program Policies.

Google Play Publisher terminations are associated with developers, and may span multiple account registrations and related Google services.

You can visit the Developer Policy Center to better understand how we enforce Developer Program Policies. If you’ve reviewed the policy and feel this termination may have been in error, please reach out to our policy support team.

Please do not attempt to register a new developer account. We will not be restoring your account at this time.

The Google Play Team

They told me refer this page
https://play.google.com/about/ip-decept ... rsonation/

Now, What Can I do with this reskinned app? Can I sell to someone else ?

Please help me?
Last edited by T-90 Tank on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

jalu
Global Moderator

Re: REASON FOR TERMINATION: Violation of the Impersonation policy within the Developer Program Policies.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:35 pm

Maybe your new resking is very similar to another famous app? Or images, appeal.

T-90 Tank
Active User

Re: REASON FOR TERMINATION: Violation of the Impersonation policy within the Developer Program Policies.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:06 am

jalu wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:35 pm
Maybe your new resking is very similar to another famous app? Or images, appeal.
Already Appealed .

I don't think that reskin is the issue. There are already 10+ apps live with same code without reskin.
I bought reskin assets from Shutterstock.

I checked Google, Copyrights issues email is different from mine. hey clearly stated Impersonation.

Let's wait.

Btw, I have another US GP account which already have 2 apps over 2.5 Yrs without any issues. Can I change bundle ID and upload the new app there?

Mobime
ViP Blackhat

Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:54 pm

Appeal and try to get your account back.
As soon as you upload anything related to you, you are risking suspending the other account as well.

But man why would you name yourself oooVooo ?
I don't believe you have a high change getting your account back.

Cruel motherfuckers are in the Play store.
Best of luck.

T-90 Tank
Active User

Re: Edit : Got My Developer account back after suspended :D

Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:39 am

Got mail from Google when I sleep :D
Got my account back. But, both apps were removed (have no much installs). I have to reupload apps.
Thanks guys :D
Hi Developers,

Thanks for contacting Google Play Team.

We've reviewed the appeal for your developer account termination and have conditionally accepted the appeal based upon leniency considerations.

Conditions of the reinstatement: Your developer name, "oooVooo" , does not implies an affiliation with the popular brand "https://oovoo.com/".

The account in question has been re-enabled for further use. Please note, however, that any new policy violations may result in your account's permanent termination from the Store, as well as any associated accounts.

You'll need to sign in to your Play Console to modify and/or republish any reinstated apps to make them available on Google Play.

Before republishing your apps, you may also want to review the Developer Program Policies for additional policy guidance.
Please let me know if you have any other concerns or questions.

Regards
Riah
The Google Play Team

jalu
Global Moderator

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:36 pm

Nice! :)

Mobime
ViP Blackhat

Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:11 pm

We should party my friend :D
You are buying drinks.

Enjoy it while it is lasting.
Good luck

qytajes
Active User

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Reskinning is a very dangerous business these days. You can easily lose everything. Not worth the risk anymore imho.

Anteos
Global Moderator

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:25 am

T-90 Tank wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:39 am
Got mail from Google when I sleep :D
Got my account back. But, both apps were removed (have no much installs). I have to reupload apps.
Thanks guys :D
Hi Developers,

Thanks for contacting Google Play Team.

We've reviewed the appeal for your developer account termination and have conditionally accepted the appeal based upon leniency considerations.

Conditions of the reinstatement: Your developer name, "oooVooo" , does not implies an affiliation with the popular brand "https://oovoo.com/".

The account in question has been re-enabled for further use. Please note, however, that any new policy violations may result in your account's permanent termination from the Store, as well as any associated accounts.

You'll need to sign in to your Play Console to modify and/or republish any reinstated apps to make them available on Google Play.

Before republishing your apps, you may also want to review the Developer Program Policies for additional policy guidance.
Please let me know if you have any other concerns or questions.

Regards
Riah
The Google Play Team
Well done, thats good for you!

lazyme
ViP Blackhat

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Nice that you got it back!

Return to “Google Problems”