TheGameChanger
ViP Blackhat

Bad News from Google & Appbrain.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:09 pm

Google (or AdMob if u will) have decided to stop their "express native" ads serving. & they demand from developers to delete these kind of ads from their existing apps on the market before 1st march 2018. I think they have another "advanced native ads" I guess ... but the fact that they will just stop serving ad requests for existing "native ads" that we have on our apps is just unfair, cz for "us" as spammers (or whatever u name it) who have a lot of GP accounts with hundreds of apps live on the market, it's absolutely impossible to go back to every account and update every app and change express native ads with a banner or whatever. That decision just sucks, crappy G.

Also Appbrain, looks like they monetized their "free" services. After you check 5 page views (app or developer page), they show you a pop up that tells u to pay for a subscription plan (minimum $25/month) in order to get more details abt the app or developer, or rather to get what we used to get for free.

What do you guys think abt these news?

Anteos
Global Moderator

Re: Bad News from Google & Appbrain.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:04 am

FAN is not any better.
An app without latest FAN sdk will stop receiving ads. They actually request you not only to update your app with new sdk, but to "force" users to install the app update.
If someone was only using FAN without backup network, they are screwed. Deadline is November 1.

I havent been using the native ads, so I am not in problem from Google decision. I haven;t been using appbrain either (I should).

AndroidBlackhat
Site Admin

Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:30 am

Appbrain just crazy ;) they think people will pay for their not accurate service? Thousands of apps are not updated in appbrain, so I prefer to use appannie. With free option it's much better than paid appbrain ;)

ardi
Active User

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:54 am

AndroidBlackhat wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:30 am
Appbrain just crazy ;) they think people will pay for their not accurate service? Thousands of apps are not updated in appbrain, so I prefer to use appannie. With free option it's much better than paid appbrain ;)
They may be not totally correct but at least they were very good at giving the number of downloads of an app.. and that is a crucial information. Now we are left without this essential info. I tried Sensor Tower but they show <5k download for some of my apps while they did 15k - 30k downloads on September. For another app with 90k downloads, they show 70k. Appbrain never failed so bad on download number. Did anyone have a site which shows a more realistic download number for apps? If no, I want to propose something:

Can we put together some money to buy a premium account at some site? Appannie would be nice but they want 10k$ for an account. Maybe we can find some similar service for less money and if we put let say 30$/person we can buy a 1k$ account with just 30 people joining. What do you think?

AndroidBlackhat
Site Admin

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:00 am

Always it's good idea, however I doubt if we find users to pay in group ;) there is also problem, someone can stole account. Appbrain is not accurate, I've seen many apps not updated for months ;/

topsan
ViP Blackhat

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:58 pm

How about asodesk.com ? There is a free plan and paid, but more info and limits..

Return to “Google Problems”