DeadMonkey
ViP Blackhat

Cycle - Ad Network Reviews - StartApp

Mon May 22, 2017 7:18 am

Company: StartApp
Payment methods:
1. PayPal (Payment method minimum threshold: USD 50.00. No transaction fees.)
2. Wire Transfer (Payment method minimum threshold: USD 50.00. No transaction fees. 1.9% to 2.5% Currency conversion when choosing different currency than USD).
They pay at the end of the month for the previous month, so basically it's Net30 payment type.

Ad Units: Splash Ad (big splash banner shown at the beginning of the app), Return Ad (ad shown, after user returns to the app after some period of time), Interstitial Ad (full page ads, with different variants of animations, transitions), Banners, Native Ads (ads to be used within your UI, like an extra item in the results list).

Interstitial Ads are handled in few different ways: as Exit Ads (when user exists the app - do not use it, as it's forbidden in Google Play), Standard Interstitial and Autostitials (automatically show the ad when activity is changed).

Average ecpm - StartApp has some internal developer ranking system, and developers with poor apps receive worse ad pool. So ECPM can vary from $0.1 to $1.0 depending on your apps. During Christmas it was pretty good, now it's much worse.

Dashboard update - every hour, but you need to change date range; by default it shows previous days stats only
Fillrate - in my experience, between 60% to 80%

SDK - They have SDK for native Android apps, for Unity and for Cordova(PhoneGap). Required permissions are not annoying for the final user.

Support: preferably email or help form.
ADS Quality: They had a lot of anti-virus ads in the past, but now, since they occupy 3.73% of apps and 2.89% of new installs they've managed to gather more quality ad inventory, and their ads are safe in Google Play.

URL: http://startapp.com/

I recommend this ad network, at least for backfill, and not necessarily as a main ad network. I've heard some voices that they might ban you for brakeing their policy, but it happens rarily. They have fraud detection systems, don't be greedy, and just show ads, do not fake impressions/clicks.

I've earned over $30k with them in few years.

Mehmet1
ViP Blackhat

Re: Cycle - Ad Network Reviews - StartApp

Mon May 22, 2017 2:38 pm

I'm envy about your earnings... so, back to work now!

mark808080
Active User

Tue May 23, 2017 6:19 am

Just wanted to comment that Exit Ads are not forbidden in Google Play (at least not in the common meaning of clicking Back button to exit the App)

Anteos
Global Moderator

Tue May 23, 2017 8:20 am

Yup, you can have Exit Ads as long as you show a final screen from your app. Even if it is something like "Thank you for using this app!" or just display the app logo for 1second, it should be enough - just do it after the ad.
For me StartApp is at a steady low so I do not use them anymore in new apps. Only older apps that I am not interested in updating have them. Also, I am not totally sure if they work as CPC or CPI - opinions differ much.

Return to “Advertising Networks”