I0OoIolIlO
Active User

Advertising Networks secrets

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:48 am

Rumor says, that most ad networks take 20% of the ad revenue from ads displayed. Some ad networks say they don't take this 20%, because they buy traffic in bulk. That sounds rubbish and I'm sceptical to this opinions. Anyone has some strict opinion on this?

DeadMonkey
ViP Blackhat

Re: Advertising Networks secrets

Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:34 am

Other rumors say, that ad networks sometimes steal "your" money by twisting $ numbers in the database.

Truth is also, that if advertising network is cheated by dishonest ad buyer, then they pass on their loss on developers.

Anteos
Global Moderator

Thu May 11, 2017 5:11 pm

One of the funniest tricks I saw recently is from Widdit's HomeBase.
I have been producing some few revenue there, around half dollar per day. However, they had not paid me for 4 months so I started contacting them in all possible e-mail addresses I could get.
They ignored the contact form, I only managed to get a reply when I threatened that I will post ion all Android forums I am a member that they do not pay. So... I got paid.

However, a week after, I receive an email in my Paypal account email (not my registered email in Widdit) that they are discontinuing Homebase. Check it out:

Dear partner,

I wanted to personally inform you that we have made a strategic decision to focus Widdit on its media buying technology, and as a result, effective April 15st, Widdit’s mobile services and the Homebase SDK will be discontinued.

We will keep the service up for the coming months, to make sure there is no effect on performance of any of your apps.
However – support, new accounts, upgrades and payments – will no longer be provided.
We thank you for your partnership along this time, and thank you for your trust. Working with you has been our pleasure.

The Widdit team.

So, they still keep the service running, but they do not pay anymore. Smart?

AndroidBlackhat
Site Admin

Thu May 11, 2017 7:11 pm

LOL :D i've never seen sth like this:D

Return to “Advertising Networks”