Anteos
Global Moderator

Promotion of Apps OFFLINE

Mon May 08, 2017 1:19 pm

Do you guys have any suggestions on promoting an Android app offline?

I am considering to print small, simple flyer and stick it up at places outside - I can showcase an app of mine with local interest for my country, such as News or radio stations.
I am thinking to have a short URL and a QR code directly to the GP listing.
Could it work? I am not looking for tens of thousands of downloads from this method alone, but more like some extra hundreds of downloads would do.

Any suggestions or ideas?

AndroidBlackhat
Site Admin

Re: Promotion of Apps OFFLINE

Mon May 08, 2017 4:12 pm

its good only for local apps ;) try bus stations

Anteos
Global Moderator

Tue May 09, 2017 5:55 am

Yup, bus stops and other typical commuter places could work. People get bored waiting for the bus so they check around and read everything sticked on the posts nearby. I might really try it out...

ubermensch
Active User

Tue May 09, 2017 1:35 pm

The audience you may reach with this method is kinda small. It might work only for apps like "find best bus route", "order taxi" or for "tourist information".

Anteos
Global Moderator

Wed May 10, 2017 10:16 am

I have some apps which aggregate RSS feeds for news for my country. I really think some 95% of Android users have no idea you can check the news like that. Instead they load up tens of websites and struggle so much.
If I make it clear that it is convenient, easy to use and IF they manage to follow the QR or shortlink to the app, they WILL install it.
I am positive on it. I know the mentality of Greek users :)

Of course, I dont want to spend much money. I will probably use my own laser printer, print small paper, and put to as many places as possible. It should not cost more than 5 Euro, and even if it gets me 100 downloads at the first stage, I will be happy.

april liu
Active User

Mon May 15, 2017 9:31 am

Anteos wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 1:19 pm
Do you guys have any suggestions on promoting an Android app offline?

I am considering to print small, simple flyer and stick it up at places outside - I can showcase an app of mine with local interest for my country, such as News or radio stations.
I am thinking to have a short URL and a QR code directly to the GP listing.
Could it work? I am not looking for tens of thousands of downloads from this method alone, but more like some extra hundreds of downloads would do.

Any suggestions or ideas?
Hello, there!

There are some tips about app promotion offline, hope these can help you a lot!

1. have the ability of business: if you want to promote your app, you should find some platforms to collaborate, which ask you have the ability to communicate with others and know the strategies of negotiation.

2. take part in activities: by joining some relevant activities, you can learn more knowledge of app promotion, and expand your personal connections, thus increase the channels of promotion.

3.pay close attention to highlight topic of app promotion: learning about the news or hot topics of app promotion is an acceptable way to try. Although it has little work, you could try it constantly.

4. build personal connections: you can invite your friends and relatives to install your app, then they will advertise it in their circle of friends.

5. be familiar with the channel of promotion: there are many channels to promote your app, like android app stores, ios, PR, etc. You have to learn about these channels in the round, and learn relevant skills of each channel.

6. auxiliary tools: you can use some auxiliary tools to help you promote your app, like appannie, appbk.

7. advertising in people-crowed places: you can put your app posts and video in some people-crowed places, like bus station, railway, elevator. This method is to increase the exposure rate if your app so that the people that have interests in your app would like to install it.

Hope these will be useful!

zanezane
Active User

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:33 am

QR code is a good way, you can give those people some little gift who download your app.

Just as April mentioned, taking part in relevant activities is also a good offline promotion method.

Return to “Marketing Methods”